Welcome to South River Library!
The original South River War Memorial Free Public Library was dedicated on January 12, 1923. That building, located at 64-66 Main Street, was built in 1805 and is listed on both the New Jersey Register of Historic Places and on the National Register of Historic Places. The current South River Library, located at 55 Appleby Avenue, was constructed in 1979. This building underwent a massive renovation after ground was broken in June 2011. South River Library reopened on January 2, 2013 .